Tuesday, February 26, 2008

tyson's scarf



one of my goals since i moved to chicago was to learn how to knit. i am really loving it. its creative, warm, practical and somehow romantic in a vintage- connecting with my ancestors - kinda way. i just figure i love homemade gifts, and i love giving homemade gifts, so im excited to finally be learning this artform (if only i hadnt found it to be so boring and suppressive when i was in young women's i may have already learned how to do it).

so here it is, my second scarf - finished. thank goodness tyson is patient and willing to wait until it is almost spring to receive his gift.

for any who are interested it is the ribbed scarf pattern found in this book.

4 comments:

Unused Account said...

Hey Now! Where's my credit? I kind of helped you learn to knit. remember the cool scraf you made for Rian on her mission!

Where's the love I ask you?

Kelli Ward said...

you are right emilie, you did help me at the beginning of college. i fogotten about that. i wish i had kept it up.

Kris Tina said...

Impressive! The scarf and the photograph. Tyson is a great husband - I have made three scarfs for Ross and he hasn't been happy with any of them - I've had to give them away as gifts to more appreciative people. Thank goodness someone appreciates them. What's up next?

Momoko Photography said...

kelli,
It looks really good. You're my knitting hero!