Sunday, January 3, 2010

Blog Revival and Christmas 2009

It's that time. With a baby just around the corner we've decided it's time start using our blog again to keep family and friends informed about what is going on in our world. To start here are a few pictures of Christmas 2009 at the Ward household:

Here is our Christmas tree. I know it is kinda sad, but we love it. I have always had a really hard time spending money on something that is just going to die and make a mess. This is the closest we have come thus far to having a tree. Maybe next year once we have a kiddo, but I seriously doubt it.
Ours was made two days before Christmas out of Green posterboard from the dollar store and a lot of strung popcorn - my very favorite thing on a tree.

We woke up in the wee hours of Christmas morning - 9am - to open presents.

And here we are sporting our favorite Christmas presents - real luchador masks that my brother Robbie brought us from Mexico. I am now on the lookout for stretchy pants to complete the outfit so we will have stellar halloween costumes this year. Maybe our baby can be one of those crazy midget monkey things from Nacho Libre.


And here I am counting our change (it was the end of the month) as we started our first Christmas tradition - Go out to eat Thai on Christmas day. I am already looking forward to reliving the tradition next year.

5 comments:

kat said...

I'm glad you're reviving the blog. I love the Christmas tree and luchador masks. We miss you guys. I wish we hadn't had to bail on our October trip to Chicago.

Also, I just got off presser foot and I wish that I had known about that maternity pants tutorial when I was still pregnant. I just ended up with expensive maternity pants that didn't really fit and I didn't like.

Also, I guess I should be commenting on presser foot but it's too late now, I'm using the pillow tutorial you put on there to make one of those felt circle pillows. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kelli Nicole said...

Congratulations! Didn't know you were expecting :). I love those masks, I bought some just like it in Mexico!

Bonnie and Ben Kacher said...

Hoooorray!!!! I was so happy to see that you posted on your blog. I am excited about your new years resolution to post more often. I can't wait to see pics of your little baby when it arrives. I forgot is it a boy or a girl and when is she or he due?

Robbie said...

Welcome back to blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

how about you eat Thai food in Thai-LAND!!!??? next year with us. ta-da. love, jess