Sunday, June 29, 2008

potato sack dress


yesterday tyson and my cousin mark spent all day biking a century (100 miles).  so kat (mark's wife) and i had our own marathon day of sewing.  kat's been wanted to learn more sewing skills so we decided to make this dress together.  kat did the original dress in blue and i did a variation on the neckline in a brown linen.  overall it was really easy.  i think mine only took about 3 hours.  here is a picture of us after church with our matching dresses.  tyson says mine resembles a potato sack and i must agree, but i like it anyway.

10 comments:

Brooke Williams said...

i love the dresses--they came out great!

Anonymous said...

I got Mark's opinion when I was trying to decide which picture to put up and he said definitely the the candid one. I even said, "Are you sure it doesn't look like I am flipping the camera off." It is just my ring finger though.

Amber and Greg said...

Hey girls! Lookin GOOD!!!!! Potato sack? Now all Tys has to do is put you ovewr his shoulder and make the analogy come to life!!

Megan said...

you look like two little posh creative geniuses out of a magazine. Kudos on being so productive and crafty all the time!

Emily DeWan Photography said...

Sexiest potato sack I've seen! :)

Bethany said...

no fair! I want sewing lessons from Ms. Kelli! Looks great you two. Someday Ill get to working on my sewing skillz, Ive got the patterns, the machine, and the fabric...now all I need is the time!

shauntel said...

oh, i've seen that pattern. the dresses turned out great. when i get some sewing motivation i'll have to try it out.

Leslie said...

oh you guys look so cute! I have this pattern so it's good to see how it looks in real life on a real person. very, very cute.

Leslie said...

love it with the belt. looks so classy

meg said...

it's a pretty stylish potato sack!