Tuesday, August 12, 2008

white skirt done

after a busy photo weekend and catching up on my project runway episodes i felt inspired to dive into my pile of half finished sewing projects. first on the list was this white linen skirt that i was supposed to have made for my sister-in-laws wedding in july. obviously that didnt happen. the skirt of loosely designed around the following jcrew skirt. i wanted something cool for summer that i could dress up for church or dress down with flip flops for shopping. now that the summer is on its way out i have finished it. oh well.

jcrew version:



my version:




i used this pattern for the main pieces and made the following changes:
added pockets
lowered waistline to hips
added waistband
added band at the bottom

next on the list: ruffle jacket and messenger bag

8 comments:

Amber and Greg said...

You are an awesomww seamstress. Well, you and Ri both are. Wish I had your talent!!! Love the skirt by the way.

kat said...

Your skirt turned out great Kelli. I tried to catch up on Project Runway too but for some reason surfthechannel wasn't working for me with project runway. I'm so impressed with all your skills!

Kelli Nicole said...

Oh my gosh. I am now obsessed with that J.Crew skirt (thanks a lot) and I am amazed at yours!!! It's beautiful! You are a woman of many talents! I don't sew, but if I did...

Tyson said...

That's chottolicious minus the chotto!!

Boyd Box said...

Can I just borrow a few of your many talents?? I guess they are all inter-related, so it makes sense. In that case, can I borrow your eyes so I can do cool things, too??? Love the skirt!

Karyn said...

so cute! i love project runway and the creativity it inspires! :)

Robbie said...

so cute . . .

plus i'm glad that we blog friends ;)

Than and Erica said...

Hey Kelli--this is Erica, Rian's friend. I have a question for you. I have a friend that is trying break into the photography world but doesn't know many great locations. Could you tell me a few of your favorites? Thanks.
ps. I didn't know you had the seamstress talent too!