Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Push Present

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/13c/1/AAAAAmCAQJUAAAAAATwRRA.jpg

Since moving to Chicago I have learned about the wonderful thing called a push present.

according to wikipedia:

A push present (also known as a "push gift" or "baby bauble") is a present a new father gives a new mother when she gives birth to their child. In practice the present may be given before or after the birth, or even in the delivery room. The giving of push presents has grown in the United States in recent years.

From what I understand there are no rules or expectations to push presents although jewelry is often the gift of choice. My husband knows me very well and so the other day I came home to a box containing this on our front door step (unfortunately Tyson was out of town so I had to somehow carry this up our very skinny stairway).

Yes, it is a knockoff - and no that does not bother me. Ever since we found out we were pregnant I have dreamed of having this modern little jewel in the corner of our very small nursery.

Thanks Tyson.


6 comments:

kat said...

you would. great pick. someone's been sitting in ours constantly since we bought it.

kat said...

that last comment was Mark. Enjoy the chair!

diane said...

I love that piece!

Kosek Landing said...

love it! Please post pictures of your nursery...I bet it's adorable!

Robbie said...

I L-O-V-E this. Love it.

Leslie said...

Way better than jewlelry!