Thursday, January 24, 2008

one day you're in and the next day you're out!

i love project runway. every wednesday night i go over to my friend kims house and we watch it. it stirred up some desires to start sewing again myself. i havnt done any serious sewing since my wedding dress over a year ago, but have decided its time again. so i pulled out my textbooks from my sewing and patterning classes and decided the start a dress. here is the beginning of the patterning process. i figure it will be fun to update the blog with my dress's progress over the next few weeks and then hopefully with the final dress (if its wearable). so far ive only finished the pattern for the front right. i still need to do the back, the sleeve, and the bottom part of the dress. wish me luck.

3 comments:

carrie said...

I can already tell your blog is going to be awesome and so is the dress.

NessaAnn said...

WOW Kelli I am impressed at your sewing skills! What a talented woman you are! I am so happy you have started a blog so we can all drool over your house and accomplishments and then poorly imitate them in our own. :c) I am currently campaigning for a "Visit Chicago Over Easter" fund. Wish me luck! Because it would be so much fun to see you all! V

Unused Account said...

Oooo...I am SO OBSESSED with P.R> as well. Every Wednesday is just like a holiday. But could anything be as good as the 2nd season? It's just never been the same.