Thursday, January 24, 2008

we can finally relax

for those of you who have visited our home you know that we have waited quite awhile to furnish our house. i think the reasons are a- tyson is a minimalist and b- i have expensive/picky taste. so for christmas this year we decided to get a couch. i had my heart set on an expensive, and not so durable, room and board couch. but we decided we just couldnt justify it. luckily we came upon this wonderful couch from macy's on closeout and i quickly fell in love.
also, over christmas, my oh so talented dad helped tyson and i build a gorgeous coffetable which has a very familiar resemblance to the very expensive room and board nelson bench. im loving the way our home is finally coming together - simple, with a blend between modern and natural. i love that i can mix modern clean lines, with my africa photography and souvenirs. its starting to feel like home.
here are some photographs i took this morning to give you a feel for our new furniture.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool pictures, poor punctuation and capitalization.

carrie said...

so I am your neighbor/family and I am just now getting a glimpse of your home. Anyhow- I love the couch and absolutely love the coffee table. Your dad does good work.

Megan said...

Kelli! I am glad to see you settled in! I love, love, love the table, couch, and "look". We also have no furniture to speak of due to my picky and expensive tastes as well. When can I be as crafty as you?

Rian Krommenhoek said...

cool couch

Kelli Nicole said...

Kelli! I LOVE it! I also love your pictures of it. Where did you get those awesome bowls?? I haven't seen any like that in Accra and I would LOVE to get some. Your apt looks great!!

Leslie said...

gorgeous photos of your home.

Becca said...

Hi Kelli! :)
Wow thanks for linking to that furniture store! I've been trying to find a place like that, with out it being particle board ikea stuff that wouldn't last. I love it!
And you have a lovely blog!

Unknown said...

Hello,

I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.regencyshop.com

I realize that you are home decor-modern design connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our products. Also,

it'd be swell if you can place our nelson bench link on your blog.

Thank you,

Nancy