Thursday, January 31, 2008

Small World

TYSON -- I flew home from Connecticut yesterday. My office was overdue for a cleaning so I started pulling everything out of the room to give it a sweep. My dad called and said he'd be coming through O'hare later that day, but wouldn't have enough time to come out. I asked him where he was coming in from.

"Hartford, Connecticut," He said.

We had both stayed in Hartford Tuesday night and didn't even know it! What a shame. But it gets better. A few questions later we learned that we had stayed in the same hotel! We had both arrived around 5 or 6 and spent the whole night in our rooms watching Mitt Romney lose Florida by a few percentage points to John McCain. It makes you wonder how many close calls you have with other friends and family without even knowing it -- I bet it happens all the time.

2 comments:

Brooke Williams said...

kelli! Hey, cousin peter's wife, brooke, here! funny to find your blog and to read that you were just here in connecticut about 1/2 hour from where we live!! we missed you too! Anyhow, we're excited to have found you guys and to hear that mark and kat are coming to chicago as well....brooke

Holly C said...

Awww , wish I had known you were here in Connecticut too. I live right in the area. You coming back anytime soon?