Tuesday, February 19, 2008

crafty

work has been a little slow this week so i decided to do some sewing. i found this pattern on sale at joannes for a dollar and i thought it looked like it had some anthropologie type of potential so i gave it a try. im really happy with the way it turned out. it only took me half a day, cost me five bucks, and i think its pretty cute. it does make me look a little pregnant, but thats in style these days right? so anyways, just wanted to share. if anyone wants to know its simplicity 3887 with a couple of alterations. (does it look like i have a lazy eye in this pic?)

11 comments:

Unused Account said...

WOWZA! it is adorable and so are you. Wish I was this crafty, but I'm not. But I can sew monster dolls!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! wanna make one for me? really, maybe we can just having sewing lesson instead (i say this as matt is making curtains for us right now)

Kris Tina said...

That is totally impressive. Ross bought me a sewing machine for Christmas - and so far it has just stayed in the box. You're getting me motivated.

Tyson said...

Hey! That's MY shirt!

Emily DeWan Photography said...

Adorable! I need to get back into sewing. My sewing machine has been sitting untouched for months.

carrie said...

what talent! Great job. And very inspiring. No on the lazy eye by the way.

shauntel said...

very cute. i like.

Megan said...

I've been thinking the same thing about the pregnant clothing look. It's a good time to have a baby? Haha. When are you starting your clothing line? Can't wait to walk around in my "K-dubs". Guess what? Jon and I are buying a house!

Boyd Box said...

So cute. You are amazing. I just went dress shopping with a friend for her wedding and thought, too bad Kelli can't just make her dress...your wedding dress is similar to what she is looking for...an elopement in Niagara Falls...exciting!

Leslie said...

Did you have to raise the neckline at all? The original looks pretty low, but I'm interested in the top. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

love to play with them titties