Thursday, February 21, 2008

tax deductable soup

so i have a new goal - photographing something for myself at least once per week. now that i said it, and said it on my blog, i stand accountable.
i find that between photo assisting and running my own small wedding photography business i am around photography almost constantly, but a very small percentage of that time is spent actually behind the camera. i want to change that. i want to make sure i am photographing more of that time - no excuses. without the plethera of equiptment that was once at my disposal at school (and the fact that it is freakin' freezing outside) i have found many excuses. but i recently worked for a photographer that does all of the catalog work for mark shale. to my suprise it was done in all natural light. so i am going to be creative.
so today i was looking at the beautiful photography of tina rupp and i decided to photograph my dinner - butternut squash soup. the photographs are definatly nothing to brag about or put in my portfolio, but it was a learning experience and it caused me to create a more beautiful meal for myself.
so here they are. the last one is a pic of the photoshoot in my bedroom. i thought it was a little funny.




3 comments:

carrie said...

that's some good lookin soup

Emily DeWan Photography said...

That's a great goal! Funny how you can use cameras professionally almost every day but then not shoot anything for yourself. I definintely understand!

Steph said...

Hey! I just found your blog on Carrie's. i love love love looking at your pictures girl, you have some amazing talent!!